Friday, February 8, 2013

Connections with Hollis Woods

Part 1:  Dear Mustard Woman,  I am not very fond of you because you are not nice to me.  I don't want to go to school because the teachers treat me differently and they don't understand how I feel.  I desperately want to be part of a family, and I try to express my wishes through my drawings, but the teachers want me to conform to what they want me to be.  I worry about Josie when I'm not around.  I want to be sure that she's safe during the day because her mind isn't as sharp as it once was.  I don't want to tell you this because I love Josie and if you knew she wasn't well, then you will take me away from her.  And to be honest, we really need each other.

Part 2:  I've known Hollis though several foster families and she has not shown any connections to families and only tries to run away.  I am seeing a different relationship forming between Hollis and Josie, however Josie is elderly and I'm concerned about her mental health and memory.  I think Hollis would benefit from a more stable family environment, like the Regans.  Hollis continues to show moments of rebellion through her being truant from school.  She's a smart girl, but she doesn't apply herself to her greatest potential.  I recommend further observation, continue home visits with Josie, and weekly attendance checks with the school.  - Mustard Woman



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.