Sunday, February 3, 2013

Challenge Catch Up (Jan.24-Feb.1)

Since I was out of town ... I'm catching up on our photo challenge today for all the days that I missed.  Enjoy :-)

February 1, 2013 - SHADOWS
It's time for some much needed relaxation by the pool soaking up the sun.  With layers upon layers of sunscreen applied and sunglasses perched on my nose, it's poolside chair time.  I found the perfect spot under an umbrella where I can stay in the shadows and away from the sun.  Being a blond-hair, fair-skin person, I have to stay hidden in the shadows to keep from being scorched by the sun and ending up with fried skin and miserable.


January 31, 2013 - READING NOW
I was reading a romantic comedy while on vacation ... I like to pick up books that I've already read so that I don't get too caught up in the story.  However, I am about to start reading Collapse ... a book  written by a friend of mine ... it's his first novel and I'm thrilled to get started. 

January 30, 2013 - FAMILY 
I have a wonderful family ... we have lots of fun together.  My husband and I have been married for 15 years and we have 2 great children, Cameron & Carlie.  We are typically on a soccer field every weekend, and we're always supporting each other.  I am lucky to have such a great family and I love them with all of my heart.
 

January 29, 2013 - MORNING PICTURE
It is quite the special treat to have breakfast on the patio overlooking the water.  Even more of a treat that it is room service and I didn't have to cook or clean up :-)  I have been spoiled rotten by the service at this resort ... lots of food choices, helpful people ready with towels, shade, water, or whatever I could possibly need.

January 28, 2013 - BEST FRIEND
This weekend I was with my best friend as she got married ... it was the perfect day (January 26).  Ms. Mueller and I have been on many vacations together over our 11-year friendship, but this one will be, by far, the best one.  She's getting married and I couldn't be more excited.  I am so lucky to have been a part of their relationship from the very beginning to this moment.  This weekend my best friend will become Mrs. Bothner ... congratulations to my BFF and her new hubby!!


January 25, 2013 - FAVORITE PLACE
While on vacation, this was my favorite place to be.  Relaxing on the beach, listening to the waves, and taking in the beautiful view.  This heavenly spot is located at our resort, Azul Sensatori, on the Riviera Maya ... about 1000 miles south of CVMS :-)



January 24, 2013 - FASHION
I am not what people would consider a true fashionista ... I like comfortable clothes and tennis shoes during the school year and prefer even more comfortable clothes and flip flops in the summer.  I've branched out in the past year to also include more dresses in my wardrobe, which I love.  However, I've been known to really push the "stylish" fashion envelope on certain days to show off my school spirit ... and I do get plenty of strange looks and sometimes laughs on those days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.